Cat 5® is part of the family of PROSOCO R-GUARD® products developed to prevent the movement of water and air through building envelopes. The durable, elastomeric membrane adheres to most surfaces, is immediately waterproof and is compatible with most sealants and waterproofing or air barrier components. Solvent free, isocyanate free, complies with all VOC regulations. Silane functional polymer provides superior long-term adhesion, crack bridging and weathering characteristics. Self seals fastener penetrations. Bonds to most common building materials without priming to produce a durable, structural, weatherproof membrane which will not tear or displace when subjected to wind loads during construction. Will not tear or lose effectiveness when exposed to weather during construction. May be exposed to weather for up to six months without compromising performance. In ventilated rain screen applications, Cat 5 has indefinite UV stability. Single component - saves time. Easy roller application in all climates. Bonds and cures in wet weather and on damp substrates. Paintable with most paints after 2 hours. Compatible with most urethane, silicone, and acrylic sealants and coatings. No shrinkage, no staining, no yellowing. Breathable. Allows damp surfaces to dry. Will not support mold growth. Stops penetrations of air and water under normal and extreme weather conditions. 5 Gallon Bucket, covers 400-525 square feet per bucket on smooth material. 375 ft2 per bucket for rough OSB. We may upgrade this product to cat5rain which can be left exposed to UV
Features & Highlights
- Utilize Cat 5® as the primary air barrier over above grade structural surfaces prepared with R-GUARD Joint & Seam Filler and R-GUARD FastFlash®.
- Cat 5® is a single component, Silyl-Terminated-Poly-Ether (STPE) that is roller applied to produce a highly durable, seamless, elastomeric weatherproofing membrane on exterior sheathing, CMU back-up walls, and pre-cast concrete.
- Cat 5® is proven to prevent water and air penetration of the building envelope in conditions ranging from everyday weather to the drenching rains and 155 mph winds of a Category 5 hurricane.
- Cat 5® can be applied in unfavorable weather conditions to dry or damp substrates.
- This feature eliminates many weather-related construction delays and accelerates the "drying in" of new buildings.
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Prosoco, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By Mustang Survival
mpn: MD3183/02-RD/BK, ean: 0062533118867,
The award-winning HIT Inflatable PFD with Hydrostatic Inflator Technology is Mustang Survival's best-in-safety inflatable PFD. Designed for serious users with exclusive technology, it is designed for use in severe weather and requires minimal inflat...
Prosoco Spray MVP is part of the family of PROSOCO R-GUARD® products developed to prevent the movement of water and air through building envelopes. The durable, elastomeric membrane adheres to most surfaces, is immediately waterproof and is compatib...